Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

RSE overhead screen issue

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2016, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSE overhead screen issue

I recently purchased a 2012 LTZ with the dual rear overhead screens. The front one works just fine but the rear one doesn't come on. It actually had the plastic still on the screen when we picked it up so I don't know if it was ever used. The rear most screen also doesn't show up on the nav screen in the menu where you can specify what source goes to what screen. Only the front one is listed. Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Old March 7th, 2016, 8:40 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Are you sure that the second DVD screen is OEM?
Old March 7th, 2016, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

As far as I can tell. It is a Panasonic same as the front one and the bezel color matches. It doesn't have the ir transever like the front one but I think that is normal. Also it came with 4 headphones.
Old March 8th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean about the rear player not showing up on the screen. Both screens are going to display the DVD that is being played in the head unit. At least that's how I think they work. I've never actually observed a unit with two screens. Have you asked the seller if it ever worked?
Old March 8th, 2016, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

According to the manual you can play a dvd on both screens or you can play a dvd on one and an auxiliary source on the other. This is controlled through the head unit. My head unit only shows the second row screen and not the third row screen. I am trying to figure out if the screen is dead or if it is a wiring issue. I bought the truck from a dealer so they wouldn't know if it ever worked. If there is anyone who has the dual screen set up on this forum it would be helpful.
Old March 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Don't know how long you've had the vehicle but if it's recent, then I would try to have the dealer fix it.
Old March 10th, 2016, 9:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by zqdime
I recently purchased a 2012 LTZ with the dual rear overhead screens. The front one works just fine but the rear one doesn't come on. It actually had the plastic still on the screen when we picked it up so I don't know if it was ever used. The rear most screen also doesn't show up on the nav screen in the menu where you can specify what source goes to what screen. Only the front one is listed. Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Hey zqdime,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your LTZ and understand how frustrating this could be. Have you brought this to your local certified Chevrolet dealership’s attention? They would be in the best position to perform a diagnosis and recommend a solution. If you would like any assistance locating or getting in contact with a dealer, please send us a private message. Feel free to include any questions that you may have. I’m always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care