Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Second Cracked Dash on 2009 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2016, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Second Cracked Dash on 2009 Tahoe

I bought my 2009 Tahoe in 2010. Within a year or so, the dash cracked and was replaced under warranty. Now that it's out of warranty, it has cracked again. I've never seen this on any of our other Chevy trucks.

I'm reasonably sure that I know WHAT cracked it, but I don't understand why. I used conditioning wipes (like Armor-All) on the dash to clean it, and within a day, it started cracking. I didn't even consider that as the issue with the first cracked dash, since that's how I've always cleaned my Chevy truck dashes. But the dash seemed to soak it up and start cracking!

I have seen several posts regarding the 2007+ body style trucks having the same issue - dash cracking over the IPC and the passenger airbag. However, what I have NOT seen is GM taking responsibility for a defective product.

Any ideas on how to get GM to take care of this? I see NO recalls, and this is very unsafe with some of the cracks being right around the airbag. My dash jumps up and down with every vibration of the vehicle.

Thanks.