Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service airbag light; 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 6:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Service airbag light; 2007 Tahoe

Hi all, so I have a SERVICE AIRBAG message in the DIC. My first gut reaction was I hope its the right front impact sensor, since I replaced the left front impact sensor about 3 years ago, and from google research was a fairly common issue. So Advance auto doesn't have a OBD2 scanner they use that checks SRS codes. So I ordered the INNOVA 3160e on amazon, I've had it in my wish list for quite sometime and luckily it had dropped in price, so I went ahead and bought it.

It arrived today and I pulled the code and it was B0084 - right front impact sensor. My inkling was correct. I'm glad it wasn't a more expensive repair. Ordered the OEM GM part#15854647 from Ebay since a seller had a good deal on a brand new one, it was about $124. A brand new one from gmpartsdirect was about ~$171 + $12 shipping. The price is the sensor from gmpartsdirect 2 years ago, was ~$106 + $25 shipping, what a price hike! lol!

I'll report back once the part arrives and is replaced.

EDIT: after looking for my other thread about my left front impact sensor, it has only been just about 2 years to the day, that my left sensor went bad. Originally I said it was 3 years ago, but its only been 2.

Last edited by Typerod; September 13th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old September 15th, 2016, 1:44 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So got around to replacing the front right impact sensor this morning. All went well mostly. I was able to get the bad sensor out, got in the new, no issues, SRS light is out. I had disconnected the neg. battery cables (I have dual batteries), not sure if needed, but just went ahead anyway. So when I put the neg. batt. cables on, got the car started, and no power to the radio?!? So I turned off engine, removed the neg. batt cables again, waited a few minutes, reconnected cables, turned on engine, power to the radio was restored, BUT no numbers in the clock were showing up on the "radio off" screen, all that was showing was the colon to separate the hours and minutes, now I panic a bit, b/c this is a bit odd, and I hope I didnt mess anything up, lol. So once again I turn off the car, disconnect batteries, wait a few minutes reconnect, and then thankfully the time shows up, and I'm able to adjust the time accordingly, so weird!

In short, SERVICE AIRBAG LIGHT is off and all is good in Tahoe-land, sort of! lol!

I attached a pic of the bad sensor, I see a crack that penetrated the plastic casing, which could be why the sensor went bad. My left front impact sensor which I replaced two years ago, had no physical signs of going bad.
Attached Thumbnails Service airbag light; 2007 Tahoe-img_1377.jpg  

Last edited by Typerod; September 15th, 2016 at 1:48 PM.