Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Park Assist guidance needed

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2018, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Park Assist guidance needed

Like many, I've been fighting the park assist function on my 07 Tahoe LT. I've read lots of threads here and elsewhere, tried a bunch of stuff and am almost ready to give up and disable the function, although I hate losing...

My particular issue started like most do, occasional "Service Park Assist" message on the DIC which progressed to the error being persistent and on all the time (until cancelled). I've replaced the complete set of sensors twice (with aftermarket), replaced the sensor wiring harness and generally fiddled with it for months now. The error went from being intermittent, to steady, back to being intermittent. The error now will only pop up when accelerating from a stop, or slowing down (usually below 20mph). Driving steady, or under 20 mph (on average) doesn't pop the error.

This is leading me to believe there's a wiring problem somewhere upstream from the sensor wiring harness that's affected by movement from acceleration and deceleration.

Before I start tearing the heck out of the wiring, are there any suggestions where to focus? Or do I just let it go? I don't need the function, but I hate having something "not right" with my vehicles.

-Ted