Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service traction control / stabilitrack

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2018, 6:21 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service traction control / stabilitrack

Both of these lights have been coming on at random intervals when driving. No problems shifting, but I replaced the switch on the brake pedal anyway, as that was the most like;y culprit suggested by most people. The lights still come on after this repair. my truck is a 2009 Silverado extra cab 4 X 4 with the 5.3 V8.
Old January 29th, 2018, 8:40 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you pull the code? the TPS failure is common on the 5.3. It has an extended warranty until 120k i think

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...ur-home-88271/

https://www.thecarconnection.com/new...rough-v-8-idle
Old February 3rd, 2018, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the Stabilitrak problem with my 2011 Suburban also. My research turned up that the Ethanol blend can mess with the Active Fuel Management sensors which in turn control the Stabilitrak. I read where the Ethanol amount in some brands of gas can be as much as 60% or greater. I switched to 100% gas and as long as I run 100% gas the Service Stabilitrak message doesn't come on. I know pure gas is more expensive-sometimes 10-15 cents more on the gallon, but I sat down and did the math. 31 gallon tank x .15=$4.65 more on a tank of gas. Plus I get better fuel mileage with 100% gas over the Ethanol blend-100-150 miles more per tank with my driving habits. Fuel mileage was not a factor when I bought my Burb-the ride and room for roadtrips with our grown children and their spouses was- but it's always a nice suprise to see "V4" and constant "23" on the dash for mpg when I'm driving. Hope this helps a little.