Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/service-traction-control-stabilitrak-abs-light-help-40214/)

RJK February 12th, 2011 10:27 PM

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

2007 Suburban 5.3 LTZ

Started up the burban tonight and I have Service Traction Control - Service Stabilitrak and ABS light is on, I'm sure they are all related any ideas?
I searched and found something about a dealer computer upgrade? Does this fall under my 2007 powertrain warranty? :D

Thanks-

73shark February 12th, 2011 11:14 PM

It might but your warranty book will tell you.

blueinterceptor February 12th, 2011 11:25 PM

if you live in a cold environment, the problem may correct itself. some of the electronics in these trucks do not fancy the cold wet environments of the northeast.

RJK February 14th, 2011 7:31 AM

I do live in the North East Near Syracuse, NY I drove 240 highway miles yesterday 40 degrees. I thought maybe a wheel speed senser has gone bad. I think that would affect the Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS.
I went to the self serve car wash gave all my wheels a good cleaning, disconnected my battery for 10+ minutes started it up and no lights or warnings until I tapped the brake pedal and they all came back.

fire730 May 15th, 2011 4:08 PM

Any more on this issue? Mine just did this and it's not clearing when restarting it. Mine is an 07 with 34k miles. About to go to the dealer in a week or so to get the dash replaced.

deepstuff August 5th, 2011 9:17 PM

Anything new on this? I have a 2007 Silverado LTZ doing the same thing?????:confused:

Chevrolet Customer Service August 10th, 2011 1:42 PM

deepstuff,

I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner. I do not have any information on these lights coming on. Have you let your local dealership know about this issue you are experiencing?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

deepstuff August 10th, 2011 2:27 PM

I sprayed my hubs with a garden hose, blindly with the wheels on. The problem has now changed to intermittent. Almost off for a full day. I'll spray them again but now believe it could be corrosion or dirt on the sensors or sensor wheels??

Sounds exactly like the old style truck problem??

:confused:

Jimbo B August 13th, 2011 11:41 AM

I fought this problem for months, door locks, stabilitrack, traction control, gauges going dead or acting erratic, brakes dragging and applying themsevles, and transmission shifting HARD. My 07 Tahoe stayed at the dealership for 3 1/2 months before they figured it out. Here is a list of items they replaced that did NOT help.

Body control module
powertrain control module
Transmission control module
they checked all the connnectors between the Hi and Low speed LAN circuits.
They went as far as telling me that my DVD player which came in the truck was causing the problem... I called bull**** on it. Told them I wanted a factory rep involved and hired a lawyer. The rep got some high paid techs involved and they ended up replacing a terminating resistor in the wiring harness (by the spare tire) and the negative battery cable. It has not done it now for about 6 months.

Jimbo B August 13th, 2011 11:46 AM

See the thread " 2007 Tahoe has lost its mind...." its was the positive cable not the negtive that was replaced.