Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'Shocks for an '04 Tahoe...

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2011, 8:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Shocks for an '04 Tahoe...

Hey guys,I still haven't got the tire decision made yet,my next issue that kinda goes in hand with the tire thing is what is the recommended shock for an '04 tahoe 4X4,I want a nice stock like ride,not too stiff,but not too soft and bouncy like a land yacht either,it is suffering from a side to side kinda looseness,the tires are bad,but it has 126ish miles on the clock so I'm thinkin it may be time for some new shocks too....Thoughts...
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Bilsteins. You will not go wrong
Old April 17th, 2011, 9:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Geez guys,113 views and 1 reply...with all due respect that's pathetic behavior for a automotive forum! I'm a member of a couple different forums and our main one(I'm not mentioning any names),when you post a question, in the same length of time that this question has been on here I would've had at least 20 answers,these forums are here for us all to share knowledge and obtain information about our vehicles...but if nobody replies how is this called sharing.......pathetic....OK...my rant is over...Phil
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by schlepprock379
Geez guys,113 views and 1 reply...with all due respect that's pathetic behavior for a automotive forum! I'm a member of a couple different forums and our main one(I'm not mentioning any names),when you post a question, in the same length of time that this question has been on here I would've had at least 20 answers,these forums are here for us all to share knowledge and obtain information about our vehicles...but if nobody replies how is this called sharing.......pathetic....OK...my rant is over...Phil

How many times would you like the same answer? The one reply you received nailed it.
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Wow..only one option?...only one opinion?
Old April 17th, 2011, 9:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Wow..only one option?...only one opinion?
Don't be too upset. They are the best option.

They are a smooth ride and last forever. You are not doing any lifts or need variable tuning.

I personally have these shocks installed on new trucks, and could not be happier. They are on my 01 tahoe ( installed when new). Great ride.
They are on my 10 suburban. Great ride. Holds road better no sway when turning/cornering.

You will thank us.
Old April 18th, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the replies guys..ill probably go with bilsteins,they're kinda pricey as too the fundage I have ..
Old April 18th, 2011, 9:29 AM
CF Junior Member

As far as a stock height tahoe,can someone give me some part numbers for the front and rear...you guys aren't running those blue/yellow ones are ya...can we run the silver ones...thanks...
Old April 18th, 2011, 8:55 PM
CF Junior Member

As far as a stock height tahoe,can someone give me some part numbers for the front and rear...you guys aren't running those blue/yellow ones are ya...can we run the silver ones...thanks...
Typically you'll find the silver ones for lifted applications. Most of the stock height applications will be blue and yellow. How much are you planning on looking at them on a stock truck?

We know they aren't cheap, but they're the best bang for the buck. Go price out a set of Kings!
Old April 18th, 2011, 9:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Yellow Yota
Typically you'll find the silver ones for lifted applications. Most of the stock height applications will be blue and yellow. How much are you planning on looking at them on a stock truck?

We know they aren't cheap, but they're the best bang for the buck. Go price out a set of Kings!
I do want to go with Bilsteins,but really hate the blue/yellow ones...I was hoping someone was running the silver ones on a stock height application...

Quick Reply: 'Shocks for an '04 Tahoe...