Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

simple solution

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2013, 5:25 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple solution

I began getting "low engine power" and "check air bag" prompts and came to this forum for a solution. Expected to have to replace part of the wiring harness
or some other expensive repair. Instead, I had a nearly dead battery, which caused the alternator to overcharge. Alternator reading 15v+ on gauge. The battery was an Interstate with a 7 year warranty but was only 2.5 years old. Replaced battery and everything back to normal. Apparently the overcharge affected t˙e electrical system. Moral:check the most obvious first.
Old November 4th, 2013, 6:29 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the feedback. Helps make the forum work for others.
Old November 5th, 2013, 5:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ruzneb
I began getting "low engine power" and "check air bag" prompts and came to this forum for a solution. Expected to have to replace part of the wiring harness
or some other expensive repair. Instead, I had a nearly dead battery, which caused the alternator to overcharge. Alternator reading 15v+ on gauge. The battery was an Interstate with a 7 year warranty but was only 2.5 years old. Replaced battery and everything back to normal. Apparently the overcharge affected t˙e electrical system. Moral:check the most obvious first.
Glad to have you on the forum ruzneb! If you have any questions or concerns relating to your vehicle we're also here to be of assistance. Feel free to PM us anytime!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care