Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Slp performance pac for 2010 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slp performance pac for 2010 tahoe

hey everyone, i am thinking about upgrading my exhaust and after alot of research i have stumbled upon SLP which is supposedly the best on i can find. i don't want cheap flowmasters and can afford borla or corsa, but dont like the drone sound of magnaflow (had on my 07 sierra) im thinking about the slp dual sweptside trap tip setup. anyone heard one? i want loud grunt without alot of drone and dont want something cheap. also they sell a performance pac that promises 350hp out of a stock 5.3 for $1600 its that exhaust an SLP cold air induction system and a dynomax chip i believe. i found the exhaust much cheaper on ebay for 500 and will buy a k&n intake instead for 300 that promises 17hp alone. and i was thinking about a blackbear tune but just dont know enough about them. PRICE? i just hear that people love them but it take away being able to clear engine codes and change shiftpoints on your own right?
Old June 13th, 2010, 9:05 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

From what I've heard from those that have the Blackbear tune, you don't need those other changes. Check w/ K&N and find out what rpm you get those 17 extra ponies.

If you get the SLP dual tip pipe that replaces the resonator, post a sound track of it.
Old June 14th, 2010, 8:08 AM
CF Junior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihkPD...eature=related thats the slp power flow dual trap tips. not very loud just the right amount. deffinetly not cheap, do yo know how much the blackbear tune is? the only reason i want the exhaust is the sound and a little more ponies. i know all my power will come from the tune but i figure if im gonna upgrade the exhaust and be pushing out more exhaust i should be sucking in more air also hense the intake and maby a Throttle body spacer, had a tbs but gave me a check engine light so i removed it
Old June 14th, 2010, 8:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a TBS is only good for a paper weight, dont waste your money on that. but from all that I have read the BB tune is well worth the money. do some searching on this forum for more info on the tune.
Old June 14th, 2010, 9:00 PM
Administrator

Or search for Blackbear on the net. Last time I checked it was $200-$400 depending on what u get.

More air in and exhaust out needs a cam that holds valves open longer to be effective unless ur using a blower.

About all a spacer will do is move the peaks to a higher rpm.
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp exhaust

I know this is an old thread but did you ever get the SLP exhaust?
I called them looking for the dual tip dual side exit exhaust and they said they never sold any so they discontinued it. Can't find one anywhere else?
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

You might ask SLP for names of some of the vendors that they sold them to.

I got my SLP resonator replacement w/ dual tips from these guys.
Old March 11th, 2011, 8:11 AM
CF Junior Member

yes i did get it. I got the SLP power FLO exhaust system dual tip side exit. more than happy with it i always get compliments on it. its great i love the way it sounds and looks and gets really raspy at higher RPM i also have a K&N chrome 77 series CAI that helps alot and makes the sound a little louder. it goes into the muffler single. comes out dual. but then merges right back into one and comes out right behind my right rear tire with slash cuts.
Old March 11th, 2011, 8:15 AM
CF Junior Member

i have a video of a fly by i did when i first got it. ill post asap
Old March 11th, 2011, 8:18 AM
CF Junior Member

i realized no u said u wanted the dual , yeah i could have got that but i didnt like the looks it looked bulky from the back and didnt look like it fit well. the system i have u can go dual with simple pipework because the muffler i have from slp is a dual out

Quick Reply: Slp performance pac for 2010 tahoe