Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speakers on the doors for 07 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2008, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers on the doors for 07 tahoe

I want to replace the speakers on all doors to give it a better sound my question is how do i find out what speakers fit on the doors of a 2007 tahoe does anyone know i dont want to buy anything online and then for it not to fit[/align]
Old May 17th, 2008, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Speakers on the doors for 07 tahoe

ONe thing you can do is go to Crutchfield.com and look up the "outfit my car" link. Oncw you put in your vehicle information it will show you what products fit.
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
CF Junior Member

I have found this information posted before by many. For example Dave Z recommended Pold db1000 tweeters for the A Pillar/Post and Polk or JL 4.5" for the doors.

I have just swapped out the front set of tweeters and door speakers for Polk Moma series. They came as a set and had their own crossovers. The supplier shipped the wrong set for the rear soI have to wait for the replacements to get them installed.

The tweeters would not fit the cutouts where the Bose tweeters are so we installed the new Polks in the black plastic triangular space on the door beside the outside side mirrors. They fit perfectly. The Polk Moma 4.5" that came with the set fit into the existing door speaker location perfectly too.

So far, even with just the front swapped out, I have noticed a considerable improvement in dynamic range.

I can't wait until the other speakers arrive.
Old May 17th, 2008, 3:49 PM
CF Active Member

i changed the front set for a component set from db drive. diconected the A pillar tweeters. and for mid bass i used the factory bose subs for the 60hz to 80hz for the mid bass. i usd a four channel db drive amp. i love the front stage sound now. the subs made a lot of difeerence especially in that frequency wich alllowed to use the midds mostly for midrange nad get teh midbass from the bose subs. and for for sub ima using two tsw 3000 premiers with a da 1800 watt amp.