Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

speed sensor and abs issue

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2010, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed sensor and abs issue

I got a 99 Tahoe, and my problem is that when i'm driving down the road the speedometer needle is out of control and the abs is jumpin around on me too what could my issue be guys thanks!?!
Old October 11th, 2010, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2002 tahoe and was about to post a similiar thread.So far i have replaced both front wheel brgs and the VSS sensor and im still getting the ABS light coming on and off and occasionally the brake light and the eratic speedo and it eventually will go to zero and stop and at that point my transmission wants to go into low gear and i can only manually shift into low 2 and limp it home.Are you experiencing this same problem? Hope we can get some answers because i have found no help from shops here or nothing online as of yet.
Old October 14th, 2010, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

ttt
Anyone at all.I am beginning to think my problem is related to heat and a VSS sensor or wire as once the tahoe cools overnight it will work fine until it gets up to operating temp and then the lights start flashing and the speedo starts going crazy until it eventually stops and then no transmission shifting then.I cant figure out why none of the shops even GM doesnt know what im talking about when i explain this to them.