Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Stability Sys Disabled on 05 Suburban leaves me stranded

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2018, 9:04 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stability Sys Disabled on 05 Suburban leaves me stranded

I have a 2005 Chevy suburban Z71 4 wheel drive with 175,000 miles. For the third time this month it has stalled out and i have had to get a tow truck to haul it to a Chevy dealer. 1st dealer replaced the fuel pump and burnt fuel pump relay @ $1,100. Two weeks later same thing happened. Towed to a different Chevy dealer. They replaced the powertrain control module @ $600. Yesterday same thing happed. towed it back to the second dealer. No one seems to be able to figure it out. The gas gauge goes to showing empty. And it will crank, but not start. Then when you try to crank again, it won't even crank. Then after a little bit it will crank again. Any ideas why this keeps happening? I'm scared to drive it now.
Old June 10th, 2018, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds about like what I am going through with my suburban. I have replaced the fuse block, which BTW on mine has SOLDERED ON relays under the plastic cover of the fuse block/relay center. I am fixing to replace my ECM. Thats what sends power to the fuel pump relay and I am assuming the soldered on relays that are hidden! Mine is a 2012 2500 Suburban.

Last edited by Michael Rosen; June 10th, 2018 at 4:04 PM.