Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Stainless window sill and fenders

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2007, 4:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless window sill and fenders

Has anyone seen the stainless window sill and fender covers on the 07 tahoe and or the suburban?

I have seen the fender one on an avalanch and think it looks great.

However I have not seen the window sill one.

If you have seenthe stainlesson the window and not the piller can you tell me if it looks like it would belong there like its OEM or if it looks cheap?

Ireally want to get both but I don't want to get it if its going to take away frommy truck.
Old August 4th, 2007, 6:12 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Stainless window sill and fenders

of course this is a personal item, but I find that they look like an add-on and not factory. I havent seen the window sills yet in the aftermarket sidebut if it looks like the Cadi's, then i would be ok with it. Are you referring to the fender trim or vents? Vents maybe but trim hell no
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:30 AM
CF Senior Member

Yes the fender trim. I saw it on an avalanch and thought it looked good. I may have to see it again to decide?

If the window sills look like the Cadi's then I would be happy with it also, I just don't want some stick on crap that you can tell is just laying over the molding that is already there.
Old August 5th, 2007, 7:01 AM
CF Senior Member

that's exactly what the window sills are a thin piece of stainless cut to fit and look like the escalade when applied it has a small edge that sticks out looks really cheap
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Oh well, I guess I'll scrap that project.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Do NOT BUY!!! Don't buy the window trip... I just ruined my original sill because of that garbage product. The trim is about 2mm thick and makes it look like some homeshop mod.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 7:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to a Cadillac dealership,pick out any Escalade on the lot and copy down the VIN. Go into the parts depqartment and tell them that you want the chrome window sill plate. The piece they have is the OEM part and looks excellent on a HOE. One of the guys I run with did that. His looks great. Doing mine next. And if Jazejeff says not to buy it, DON'T BUY IT.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
CF Senior Member

bmtahoe.. what sill are you talking about that your friend bought.i bought all for door sills from an escalade thinking i would be able to just replace the whole window sill but the door shape on a tahoe is different and after spending 700 dollars on all 4 door pieces i was only allowed to return 3 of them very costly mistake
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

If you look at the Tahoe & Escalade side by side - you will notice that both front and rear window shapes are NOT the same. The parts are not interchangeable as some say. There are no good looking chrome pieces out there yet for the Tahoe.
Old May 27th, 2008, 8:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He got the pieces from Frankel Cadillac in Owings Mills, MD. Had them installed at a body shop. I don't know how they made them fit, but they did a good job.

Quick Reply: Stainless window sill and fenders