Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

On-Star Survey

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2011 | 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default On-Star Survey

I received a survey from On-Star and just completed it, they are pretty much fishing for the " what would you pay" but with in their range not yours....

Of course they rarely ever ask the questions you want them to...
Plan and Simple On Star yes I would consider paying for your service but I'm looking in the less then $5 a month range for Crash response (which should be free or one time fee for life of vehicle ownership) and door unlock service...

I would pay $25 to $30 a year for those 2 items that I will most likely NEVER use but would be willing to give them my money for it should I need it....

They already told me "My link" is not compatible with my 07.
They are missing the boat on this one as I would have seriously considered keeping my service if I could have had that...

Its my guess On Star is loosing its customer base and that is why we are seeing so much more advertising for it....

On Star is more interested in making a profit then providing any real services..
Old October 19th, 2011 | 7:59 AM
CF Addict

Default DeathStar

Don't get me started on the DeathStar... I think you know where I stand.

The truck has the sensors (air bag) I PAID FOR, and a phone in it (I PAID FOR) that can call 911, a FREE call that again we all pay for. but it simply does not bother.... ohh, you mean you didn't pay your $3,000/year helper tax for a call center you don't want or need or is beyond useless because you were smart enough to ohh I don't know... BUY A GPS?...

No freaking thanks.

Crash Response and door unlock should both be PAY PER USE. I'll pay $40 after an accident to have them called.

I'll even pay $40 to have them pop my locks. (no damage to vehicle, fast response time).

but no way in hell am I going to pay monthly or yearly or anything close to the asinine rates they publish.

Can I afford it? Hell yea, I burn more $ a month in gas for my toys.

Will I pay for it? Hell no.

You listening useless GM forum parrots? Squawk, see your dealer, Squawk, see your dealer.

Here is honest consumer feedback, impress me.

Ohh, and let's not forget the whole, "all your data belong to us" of a few weeks ago, where GM played big brother and wants to know all about your silly little driving habits. I'm still pissed about that.