Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Sub Woofer Set Up???

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2007 | 3:13 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Sub Woofer Set Up???

the light is playing tricks on you guys. is the same as ours is just the way the light inside is refelcting that makes it look like that. but if you follow the lines it is stock.
Old March 3rd, 2007 | 3:41 PM
CF Senior Member

dam it i thought i was going to have to buy some kind of new overhead subwoofer box[sm=bangbang.gif]
Old March 5th, 2007 | 3:11 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: tjmorgan

I have a good friend here in Houston that builds custom "Stealth-Like" subwoofer enclosures. He actually manufacturers them from fiberglass molds very similar to the way JL Audio builds their Stealthbox. He has had the console from my Tahoe for some time for mocking, tuning and adjusting and he is almost done with the enclosure. What is different about this enclosure from the JL is that it will be a downfiring 10" ported enclusure that will require no cutting or modifications. It actually takes the place of the entire inner structure of the console and the outer shell bolts right to it. It slightly reduces the amount of storage down to what you get in an Avalanche that has the rear AC going through the console.
I will post some pictures and info late next week when it is complete. He builds and sells a ton of Infinity G35 and Mazda RX8 enclosures right now. The Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche/Silverado box should be available in 1-2 months.
Here's the link:

http://www.4080enclosures.com/default.asp
I used to have a G35 coupe and my husband and I run a G35 board...lots of people have bought the 4080 box for their G. Good quality box is what I heard from them.
Old March 8th, 2007 | 2:49 PM
CF Junior Member

I'll post pics as soon as I get them. This enclosure is a year in the making and you will see why once it is done.
It is designed to use a JL Audio 10W3V3 (although it can be tailored to a specific sub if required) in a vented (ported) enclosure. It will provide much more output and better sound quality than the JL Stealthbox which uses a small sealed enclosure for a 10W1.
I cant wait!
Old March 10th, 2007 | 5:33 AM
CF Active Member

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1562