Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Sutliff

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2009, 10:17 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sutliff

The Sutliff GM dealer in my Harrisburg, PA replaced my faulty OnStar module... a long time ago.

I had kept checking OnStar's site for my milage / oil / etc since its neat.

No updates since my first one 6 months ago...

I get an email from OnStar today that either I haven't activated OnStar or I haven't driven in 60 days...

I call them to activate it.

THANKS SUTLIFF for telling me that I had to do this... they never said I had to do anything!

Will I get 12 Months from today since its a 'new' activation?!
Old October 1st, 2009, 6:34 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I do't think so...you account was still active, they just didn't send the configuration files to the VCIM. The dealer should have done this for you.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 7:18 AM
CF Addict

Default right

exactly, so I 'wasted' 2 months of free onstar, which to me, means a free 2 month extension... GOD can't they do the simplest things right?

Heck, last time I was in there to have a squeek in my door fixed (it still rattles, they are trying a new striker hopefully next week)... they didn't put the trim panel back on all the way!

and it took me 3 DAYS to figure out what the god da__ rattle coming from my dash was when they did something else... they didn't put the cover behind the rearview mirror back on correctly so over bumps it rattled against the windshield...

makes me sick to my stomach and almost wish I could just get parts under warrenty and do everything myself...
Old October 3rd, 2009, 7:19 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It wouldn't hurt to call onstar and make a request for a 2 month extension. At the very least I would thikn they would throw a bunch of HFC minutes at you.
If I have a customer that is upset with how long of a process it was to rectify their onstar issue, I let the onstar advisor know when I configure the system, and they usually add 50-100 minuites for free
Old October 5th, 2009, 7:34 AM
CF Addict

Default On Star

I just really think they should have told me. When I go to the history page on the OnStar web site, my last update was 5/20/09... FIVE months ago... I don't care about the minutes for calling, my 09 has a bluetooth connection to my iphone, I just like the diagnostics thing...

Now I need to find the time to put linux on my laptop, get a $10 USB bluetooth adapter and start probing that

or call my onstar # and see what I can find with telnet or similar... if they can pull the info I should be able to as well..

I love computers lol...