Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Swapping stock sub in 2013 BOSE Tahoe without adding amps?

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2013, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping stock sub in 2013 BOSE Tahoe without adding amps?

Hi all. I'm new here.

Just recently became the proud owner of a 2013 Chevy Tahoe Z71, and of course, finding it difficult to resist the urge to tinker with things and make it my own.

I have a question that I can't seem to find any info on. I have the BOSE system, and while it sounds a lot better than the BOSE system that was in my old 2003 Avalanche, it still lacks some respectable bass levels.

I don't know a whole lot about speaker specifications.. What I am wondering is, is it possible to get 1.25x/1.5x or even to 2x more bass from the STOCK subwoofer location, just by simply replacing the sub itself with an aftermarket? Is it realistic to think that a better sub might sound louder/better while still running off the BOSE amp? Or is this completely illogical and dumb lol..

All of the info I found via searching seemed to all have to do with adding more subs and amps instead of just using the sub that is already there.

I did a whole project on my Avalanche to get more bass out of it (without adding another sub) and without going into detail what ended up happening is I got loads of bass from the stock sub but completely ruined the output of mids so it's all low/high and also have noise from the alternator/engine coming through it. My point is I don't trust myself with a new truck that is still under warranty, to want to do any tapping/cutting/splicing/etc..

I don't want to make my new Tahoe mucked up like the ole Avalanche..
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get a little better sound or bass , if you can find a 1.5 ohms woofer, that is what the bose unit is, replacing it with a 2 ohms or 4 ohms it's a bad idea you will lose power