Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe 07 LT suspension bounce allot !

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2010, 8:23 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Does "coil spins" = "coil springs"? If so, not sure how psi. Maybe he was referring to lbs per inch of travel. Which springs do weaken w/ age. But the spring rate doen't change that much, they just start to sag. Unless you have a lot of miles on it, I wouldn't think your springs would be that weak.
Old January 6th, 2010, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 73shark
Does "coil spins" = "coil springs"? If so, not sure how psi. Maybe he was referring to lbs per inch of travel. Which springs do weaken w/ age. But the spring rate doen't change that much, they just start to sag. Unless you have a lot of miles on it, I wouldn't think your springs would be that weak.
thank you, there is not much mileage and I bought by a GMC dealer, so I trust the odometer is not modified, probably the previous owner used a one of those trailer attachment without wheels (for luggage or something like that..... and the rear suspension received allot of weight ...... I guess.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
This is what I’m gone to do<o></o>
First I'll make the change of the coil springs/spins, test the bouncing...<o></o>
Then I will add the bags I mention before, this because I will trailer a heavy boat, close to the maximum capacity of the truck.<o></o>
<o></o>
I'll keep the forum updated on my findings.<o></o>
<o></o>
just a final note, the bouncing problem is till the point to my lower back (lumbar bones) hurts me when the trucks moves/bounce to the sides (when crossing non a perpendicular bumper or train rails in the road), hope I explained myself well here.... so yes is a problem...<o></o>
<o></o>
Old January 31st, 2010, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

problem solved.
new coil springs and bags in side of them
so stiff as possible.
thanks fo the help.