Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe #2 finally delivered....

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2006, 2:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tahoe #2 finally delivered....pic two of #2

i gotta agree with biglg & tahoe07, the truck looks good. the 20's plus the chrome bars (over the black RB's) is the icing on the cake, too bad it took so long though. hopefully the old saying "good things come to those who wait" is true. question, where'd u get the bow tie? u make it or buy it? it looks sharp.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:34 PM
CF Active Member

I was wondering if anyone would notice. I would like to say it was a high dollar item but the truth is it's just a decal. The dealership sells them in their parts department. It just sticks on, it's a Texan thing I guess. I'm not sure if other states do the same.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to have an all white one? Any ideas where to get it?
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:50 PM
CF Addict

Do you guys think I could pain the factory gold/plastic one? I have a white tahoe, however I am not sure what paint I would use to make it match. I wonder if just "WHITE" would work. I havent seen any "summit" white paint as GM calls it.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:54 PM
CF Veteran

See my new topic... I know you can paint it but I can't find factory colors for my truck either.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

biglg, why not purchase another "Bowtie" from the dealer and give it blast with some 'glass shot' (to lightly etch the surface), and get the body shop 2 squirt it. i'm sure if u ask nicely, they'll be able 2 do something 4 u. if that's 2 much work (& $), just go 2 a graphic shop that does car vinyl and get them 2 cut u a bowtie.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:58 PM
CF Active Member

I use to fly R/C airplaines a few years ago. The hobby shop sold stick on covering made out of the same stuff as the Texas decal. I guess you could buy a trim piece and apply it using a xacto knife to trim around the edges. This material comes in all colors and is water and fuel proof. I used a little soapy water when applying then a credit card to smooth out the bubbles. I hope that helps.
Old November 11th, 2006, 6:03 PM
CF Addict

I thought about both the options you mention. I currently have a polished billet front emblem. But with the billet grille I think it might be too much. I want to see what a white bowtie looks like. You are correct, i dont want to drop much into this project as I may not like it. Either way is better than the gold one and I dont care if I ruin it. But what prep should be done to paint it? I plan to paint the entire thing white. Or shuld I just pain the middle gold emblem and try to leave the black trim?
Old November 11th, 2006, 6:04 PM
CF Addict

You dont know what this stuff is called that just STICKS? I might run there in a minute and see how much it is and if they even have it! Thanks for the idea!
Old November 12th, 2006, 1:48 AM
CF Junior Member

It's all about the Tahoe for me as they are absolutely beautiful trucks and now my favorite.

Quick Reply: Tahoe #2 finally delivered....