Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe 4wd service message

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2017, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe 4wd service message

I have a 2006 tahoe z71 v8. The service 4wd light came on a few months ago and the 4wd was still working so i didnt think much of it. Then it began acting up. When you started it it would shift into 4wd when you hit ths button and work fine but once you shifted it out of 4wd the lights on the switch would turn off and you couldnt put it back into 4wd. Once you turned it off and back on you could put it into 4wd once then once you took it out you would have to restart the truck to get it to go back into 4wd. That worked like that for a few weeks and the it totally quit. Now when you turn it on the switch panel lights up when it first starts then the lights turn off and it wont do anything. It had no issues shifting into 4wd when it was working no jumps or grinding or noises or anything. Could this be the switch or something else?
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the switch. These tend to go out a lot for some reason. Mine did the same thing so I replaced the switch and that fixed it. That was 4 months ago and I have had no problems since then. I drive an 03 Tahoe Z71