Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe splash guards

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2010, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe splash guards

I have a 2010 tahoe LTZ...anyone have splash guards? do they look like crap? Which ones do you have and can you post a pic? Thanks
Old March 8th, 2010, 5:27 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

These are on my '07. My 2010s are the same except they're silver to match the body. Note that the front ones are for a truck w/o factory boards. You can get them either way.

I have the front ones if ur interested.
Attached Thumbnails Tahoe splash guards-exhaust-tip-2.jpg   Tahoe splash guards-step-rails-1.jpg  
Old March 8th, 2010, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
These are on my '07. My 2010s are the same except they're silver to match the body. Note that the front ones are for a truck w/o factory boards. You can get them either way.

I have the front ones if ur interested.

Thanks man u been helping me alot on here lol....did you install them yourself? I dont know which running boards I have I might have to figure that out...I think i def have to get the guards in front and backso the paint dont get all messed up
Old March 8th, 2010, 8:04 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

You either have the fixed boards or the optional power retractable board. Not sure there are front ones available yet for the power boards.

I did install myself. Very easy, use the existing holes. I didn't drill the extra holes except the rear ones have a screw that goes into the plastic fascia.

Last edited by 73shark; March 8th, 2010 at 8:25 PM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Yes they are fixed. For $50 they have black grained for use with production running boards. For $80 u get straight black. Not sure about the difference... Shouldnt I be able to give them my VIN and they tell me what they have? Here is pic of my vehicle
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black grained are just black plastic with a textured finish. The more expensive "black" ones are smooth plastic painted with the same paint code as your truck. All depends on which look you like better, it seems that the textured ones may wear better.

Originally Posted by enacer
Yes they are fixed. For $50 they have black grained for use with production running boards. For $80 u get straight black. Not sure about the difference... Shouldnt I be able to give them my VIN and they tell me what they have? Here is pic of my vehicle
Old March 9th, 2010, 8:15 PM
Professional Mechanic

Originally Posted by vester
The black grained are just black plastic with a textured finish. The more expensive "black" ones are smooth plastic painted with the same paint code as your truck. All depends on which look you like better, it seems that the textured ones may wear better.
Right on, I think the textured looks better and are more practical. They're gonna be getting dirty and can hide it more.

Regardless, any flap will look nice and you won't have to worry about the dirty rain water and dirt splashing up onto your hoe.

Nice hoe, btw!

Last edited by ifwechoose; March 9th, 2010 at 8:19 PM. Reason: grammaaaaaaaaaar