Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: With the considerations given at the start, what would be your first pick?
Tahoe
100.00%
Pick Up
0%
other
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Tahoe VS PU?

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2011, 3:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe VS PU?

Today I own a Blazer, but it's getting worn and torn beyond reasonable money to repair.
So I'm thinking Tahoe or pick up.
What I don't like about the Blazer is the back door, tailgate or whatshmacallit. The fold down type gives an extra 3 ft to reach across whenever I want something from the back.
With a PU without a bed cover I can reach from either side. But then that collects dust, dirt and snow. On the other hand it is easy to load with a machine (forklift or digger), making the need for a trailer less common.
With a Tahoe the back doors open sideways and it is 4 doors making everything accessible, dry and comfy. Still the need for a trailer will arise now and then.

Are there any mechanical or life expectancy, or driveability differences between the two models to consider?
How would you choose?

Last edited by bl89tbi; August 14th, 2011 at 3:58 AM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 6:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having the closed cargo and multiple access points make the Tahoe my choice, and, most Trailers need a slight drop to get them level, which would get that down out of the way of the back door. The receiver is probably set low enough anyway, to not have to worry about that.

If all that fails, you can always slip the Jack back on the Trailer Tongue a foot or so, or do like I had to once, and thats find a Speed Bump, and get the back wheels of the vehicle on top of it. :;
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for input.
Hope I never have to use speedbumps to unload trailer.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more you Tow, the more you know !
(or at least you think you do)

Good luck with your choice.