Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Thinking of buying 2000 Burb 1500 LT....help

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2009, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying 2000 Burb 1500 LT....help

I am considering buying a 2000 Suburban 2500 LT. I have noticed two problems, and am hoping to get some input on whether I should walk away.

1 - The "Service Autoride System" light is on. It doesn't make any noise. I have heard that pulling the battery cables for a few minutes could resolve this. Otherwise, is this enough to walk away, or could a simple fix be used?

2 - The Tow/Haul light option doesn't work consistently. I tried turning this on at various speeds and while stopped. I couldn't get it to turn on. Then, when parking, I got it to come on but it wouldn't turn off until I turned of the truck. When I started it again, the light was off, but I couldn't get it to turn on again. Thoughts?

3 - After filling it with fuel, there was a leak... a huge leak of fuel from underneath. The dealer says it was a cracked fuel pump housing. I thought this might mean it had been crashed, but they say this fuel pump is plastic. Is that true?

Any advice would be appreciated. We are looking to purchase quickly, and I think I am getting a decent price.

Thanks All.
Old February 18th, 2009, 9:42 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum

It is true the fuel pump is plastic thou I have not heard of many of them being cracked or broken to the point of leaking but I'm sure its possible.

If your serious about buying the vehicle take it in and have it evaluated, it may cost you a service fee but $80 now beats $2080 if it turns out to be any major work involved. The fuel pump alone is going to run $300 plus, and this is if you do it yourself.

The auto-ride could be that that the shocks are worn also.

let us know what you decide....