Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tire sensor system needs service

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2007 | 12:54 PM
CF Active Member

Default Tire sensor system needs service

I have brought my tahoe in to replace the reciever for the alarm remotes. NOW they say there is a problem with the tire sensor system....shows that I need it serviced, they also say that they need to diagnose the problem. Day 1 took 8 hours...they still have the vehicle day 2 it is now 10 am and no word from them. I am worried that what happens if a strut goes bad then it will probably be in for a week.. I am getting tired of this crap, does anyone know how to fix this problem with the system....thinking I might just tell them to take the vehicle back and they can just give me my money back and I will buy something else with less electronic gadgets such as the 07 HD. This doesn't have all the gadgets on it and I can always get the aftermarket NAV/DVD from Kenwood HELP!!!!!!
Old February 15th, 2007 | 1:58 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Tire sensor system needs service

You may want to take it to a different dealer. Its your service dept at your dealer thats holding you up. My dealer takes appointments and I am usually out of there in 2 hours unless its something serious.
Old February 15th, 2007 | 4:13 PM
CF Addict

There is a recall that has word spreading it is an update for the remotes and dead battery issue. I doubt it is related, but did they complete the recall why it was there working on the remotes?
Old February 15th, 2007 | 5:41 PM
CF Addict

Richard,
biglg is right (1st time for everything I guess).
I checked your VIN and your Tahoe is one that requires a BCM reprogram, have the dealer reference GM Document ID #1904142
STB #07007B dates 2/13/2007 and follow the proceedure listed.

Old February 15th, 2007 | 6:06 PM
CF Addict

Thanks for the compliment, "1st time for everything." By the way ZX, you had a spelling error in your message, something about a log. I thought it might be referring to something that could potentially be inappropriate so I fixed it! HAHAHA,
Old February 18th, 2007 | 1:01 AM
CF Active Member

They fixed it finally, it was the reciever that went bad. The TPMS is linked to this box. They replaced it twice and they were both bad. The third worked fine and gave me new remotes as well. Funny thing is that 3 more people came in for the same problem, so I told my service rep that he better keep a good supply of these on hand. I am just glad they found out the problem, b/c I was going to tell them to buy the hoe back. I even told them I would have to buy a FORD.