Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Towing Advice

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2006, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing Advice

Hi all! New member here....been a part of corvetteforums for almost 2 years now though. I'm looking for some advice. I am looking to get a trailer for my corvette and I am wondering what, if anything, you all would recommend doing to my Tahoe to make it safer and easier on the engine/tranny to tow. All said and done....I'm thinking around 7,000lbs..maybe up to 7,300lbs. The way I read the manual 7,600lbs is the max...I've heard not to be at the max...or you will tear up the tranny??? I think with the tow package it came with, it has a tranny cooler on it....hard to tell now that I have the intercooler for the supercharger up there now, too.....would you guys recommend an oil cooler? I've looked around at "Be Cool" radiators, like this one: (http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=99342)....they have one that comes with an oil cooler and tranny cooler built in.....would this be a good thing to do? I'm looking at longevity....making it last as long as possible. Or is the stock radiator good enough? / not worth an oil cooler? / stock tranny cooler, good enough? I also have Auto Meter gauges for boost and fuel pressure.....would it be a good idea or a waste of money to add oil temp and tranny temp gauges? any info you all could share would be appreciated! Also.....I'm editing this due to what I've been reading thus far....would changing to 4.10s be a good idea? Would upgrading the brakes be a good idea?

Thanks again!

Here is my rig:

2002 Z71 Tahoe, 5.3L, MagnaCharger Supercharger, came with the factory "tow package", 4WD...which I think means 3.73s
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Towing Advice

Any takers on this?