Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Trying to wire a Power Magic Pro

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2013 | 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Trying to wire a Power Magic Pro

I own a 2012 LTZ, gasoline Tahoe and run a dash type of camera in my truck that is currently hot all the time. When the truck is shut off the camera will go into a "parking" mode which stops the camera from recording unless there is motion detected. This means that the camera is still drawing power; several weeks ago the truck didn't move for a couple of days and the truck the battery went dead.

To alleviate this issue, I bought a "Power Magic Pro" which when connected to the camera, monitors the battery power and will shut off the power to the camera when the battery power falls to a predetermined level. I've attached a copy of the installation directions below.

The installation requires one wire, the yellow, to go to a always hot line and another, the red wire, to a line that is only hot when the key is turned on. I've checked all the fuses on the drivers side of the dash and these are hot all the time. I found several fuses under the hood that are hot only when the ignition is on, one being #43, Misc Ign (10A).

I don't want to ruin any computer components nor activate an airbag, so this is where my questions start.

• Is there a line inside the cab that I could safely use to hook the Ignition controlled wire (red) to? This is the line that is only hot when the key is turned on
  • If nothing inside the cab, would this 10A fuse, #43 be a safe fuse to connect to? If so, any recommendations on how to safely run a wire through the firewall? If possible, I prefer not to make any new holes.
  • Are there any full time hot circuits I need to be careful of not to hook this to? Any recommendation on a suitable fuse to connect to on the drivers side of the dash?

The fuse adapters I purchased are rated for a maximum of 10A.

Also mentioned in the directions is that if the vehicle has a "Battery Saver Function, to connect the hot line to the emergency lamps. Any idea if the 2012's have this feature?
Attached Thumbnails Trying to wire a Power Magic Pro-manual_powermagicpro_en_v1.02_121008.jpg