Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Upstream o2 sensor - 94 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2016, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upstream o2 sensor - 94 Suburban

Hello,

I've got a problem.

Last night, while I was at the auto store, I needed to replace my upstream o2 sensor. So, while I was spinning it out... BAM! Threads spun right out. So, now, I have no threads in my exhaust to spin my new o2 sensor in...

Here's my thought. Ream it out, jb weld the new one into place. It's not like i'm going to own this truck another 22 years. It'd be nice, but won't happen. So I don't think i'll have to worry about taking it out ever again.

However, during the meantime, how will having no o2 sensor plugged in affect the trucks performance?

What issues am I going to run into? I know it's going to be in an open loop, and I know fuel is going to pour into the throttle body...

What's going to be my biggest problem as of right now?
Old May 9th, 2016, 9:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Check this out. You can weld in a new bung with new threads and not have to use JB Weld.

Search Results for o2 sensor bung - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing