Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Very frustrated with Chevy upholding warranty

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oulderfauder
As quoted.
``Please private message us.``

Do not let anyone know. Why the secrecy. I have paid for two warrantee repairs because of a GM dealer. After 40 years of trusting GM and no other I no longer trust GM and its dealers.
I think its obvious GM doesn't want to publish that they are doing everything in their power not to cover things under warranty. Horrible horrible way of doing business. They way they are currently operating, I will not buy another GM product because of them refusing to cover their own products under warranty.

I guess I'll take my need for a truck and go to Ford or Dodge.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 4:41 PM
CF Junior Member

I just got off the phone with GM and the tier 2 of customer satisfaction. I spoke with Jacky initially, then Colby, her supervisor.

They came to the decision that they were going to do NOTHING. As long as I have my aftermarket radio in, they will not touch anything on it. The reasoning they gave me is because the aftermarket radio could be causing this problem.

That makes absolutely NO sense because all of this was happening before anything was ever installed. I then spoke with Colby, her boss, and he reiterated the same thing.

They don't seem to get that this issue was happening before anything was ever installed. If it was fixed right from the start, there would be no issue now. He said I should have brought it in more often when it was happening sparingly, but he said they would do nothing because they wouldn't be able to duplicate the problem. So, even though they wouldn't fix it, I should've brought it in more often, rather than waiting for it to be actually seen to the dealership.

I asked to speak to Colby's boss, but he said he is as high as customers go and there is noone else for me to talk to. Unreal. Since GM won't cover it, I went back to Robbins Chevy and got the phone number of the boss of Robbins Chevrolet. I have left him a message.

I will fill out the google review and will also start a case with BBB. I'm absolutely blown away at GM's refusal to fix the problem when it was seen before ANYTHING was ever aftermarket on the truck.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Both of these are videos I have created of the problem. Again, Robbins Chevrolet and GM both refuse to fix this issue that has been happening since 5k miles!

2011 Chevrolet Suburban mirror issue (GM not upholding warranty) - YouTube

Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
CF Junior Member

2011 Chevrolet Suburban mirror issue (GM not upholding warranty) - YouTube
Old August 23rd, 2013, 1:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

What happens when you relearn all the memory settings for both seat positions?
Old August 23rd, 2013, 6:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Does the same thing. I'm wondering if its either the remote or the module in the left door (ecm?). Because it only does it on remote 1.
Old August 24th, 2013, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

So I was able to get the mirror to go to the full out position just by using the memory buttons on the drivers side door. Even if it doesn't go to the full out position, when you press memory 1 (and already on #1 memory position), the mirror moves just a tad forward then back....it doesn't do it on the #2 position. Any ideas?
Old August 25th, 2013, 9:01 PM
CF Active Member

Almost 168,000 views on the cracked dashboard no fix, head in the sand reaction by GM and over 600 views on your problems. I am really thinking they already know they're not here for the long haul. No company could possibly not want to fix these problems if they were looking to the future. It's owned by the unions and the government so I guess they think they can legislate whatever moneys they need to keep going as customer service seems to be out the window. Can you see a truly private enterprise company putting up with that view count and knowing it's their fault?

I do see the Ford ads here so they know what's up... They apparently are reading the forums and reacting... I actually don't see any Chevrolet dealer ads at all. I have seen two Ford dealer ads on this page as well as one AC/Delco parts ad. (I guess they know there's a market for broken parts on your Chevy..)

G..

Last edited by guvner; August 25th, 2013 at 9:05 PM.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
^
^

that is why I will NEVER buy a 2009 or newer gm. Handed to the unions from the government. Boy, i was glad to leave binghamton the day that o bama came BU, sure was happy to not see him...
Old August 26th, 2013, 2:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Yup, I'm absolutely amazed at the lack of customer service GM has provided. I will NEVER be buying another GM vehicle again unless some serious changes happen. And to think, I was going to buy another $40000 truck from them. Not anymore!!

I have filed with the BBB, so we will see what happens. I'm not going to give up. It is wrong what they are doing, and I will continue to fight!

Quick Reply: Very frustrated with Chevy upholding warranty