Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Very frustrated with Chevy upholding warranty

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi airplaneman,

I'm sorry your experience has led you to feel this way. If you'd like for us to take a second look at your case to see what else can be done please private message us your name and VIN.

Thank you

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi airplaneman,

I'm sorry your experience has led you to feel this way. If you'd like for us to take a second look at your case to see what else can be done please private message us your name and VIN.

Thank you

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have sent you the PM. I will continue to fight this until GM does what it should do, fix the problem! I continue to be amazed at how GM does not care to solve the problem of their car and customer, but rather, is more interested in telling you why they WONT fix the problem. To me, that is the complete opposite of customer service.
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

airplaneman777,

I will look into your case and PM you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Well apparently its in another tier of GM engineering now and I'm supposedly going to hear something now by Thursday...it never ends with GM! I don't understand why it's so hard for GM to just fix the problem! They're losing a customer for life with all the hassles and trouble this is.

Hopefully, it's making you second guess the buying of a GM vehicle with how ridiculous this is!
Old August 30th, 2013, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

I read you filed with bbb. Don't give up hope. They just helped us through our claim with a brand new acadia denali. It had minor issues that gm said nope not gonna fix. I said really... Filed claim and was patient but persistent and they ended up buying it back. Now bought used suburban. Told wife a new car is way to much of headache. Good luck.
Old August 30th, 2013, 9:39 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Goat-v Welcome to the forum
Your statement "was patient but persistent " is often the key...

I'd like to think that GM is not intentionally screwing folks, but I think they also play the " patient but persistent" in hopes that some problems might just go away...
Old September 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
CF Junior Member

GM called me today again to tell me they will not cover anything under warranty because of my radio! Unreal GM, unreal. You have lost a customer for life!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 4:24 AM
CF Beginner

Do you have bbb involved? Are you still under warranty? If you have a valid claim tell the bbb you would like to go to arbitration over it. We just went through all this literally a month ago. Put it this way gm said no no no to us. We said we want to go to arbitration and they said ok. Two days before arbitration they called and settled for exactly what we wanted.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 6:13 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by airplaneman777
GM called me today again to tell me they will not cover anything under warranty because of my radio! Unreal GM, unreal. You have lost a customer for life!
Aftermarket items can induce problems, but as you said it was doing it before your aftermarket install... I can't speak for as to why GM will or will not look into it. However it might be worth re-installing the, or a, factory head unit so that you can get the issue addressed as it sounds like they are trying to work with you but, you are going to have to work with them as well...