Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Vibration on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2017, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration on acceleration

i have a 2005 Chevy Suburban 4x4. I'm just trying to make it one more year with it. I have a vibration that is only there on acceleration. It feels like front, and like it is a motor type vibration. It does not vibrate coasting. It does not vibrate at a slower and steady speed. It does not vibrate in the driveway in park at low or high RPMs. It does not vibrate in driveway in Drive with brake on , neither forward or reverse. There is no engine movement under any of those conditions. There is no vibration from drivetrain coasting either. U joint just replaced. Driveshaft is good. Just checked by mechanic after u joint. Flywheel or torque converter????? Any other ideas ?? Thanks! Has 229000 miles on it. Engine is smooth, except for the vibration under acceleration. 4x4 works great and seats nine. In another year, two kids will likely be driving everywhere on their own and we won't need that many seats. Just put new tires on and I still need idler arm, tie rod end and pitman arm, but I'd like to figure out the vibration first. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Last edited by eightofus4him; February 24th, 2017 at 8:26 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 5:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Had an old Ford that did the same thing. Would vibrate like crazy with acceleration but was fine when coasting, slower speeds, etc. Ended up being the engine mounts.
Old March 5th, 2017, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input. My husband checked the mounts because I thought the same thing. Nothing wrong there. Never does it in first gear. Definitely vibrating in 2nd, same with the rest. A dealer mechanic friend recommended checking torque converter clutch or torque converter clutch selenoid. Any thoughts on this from anyone?