Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wacky Driver's Seat Memory Setting

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2008, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wacky Driver's Seat Memory Setting

Hi,

We have an '04 Suburban that we just bought used. It's in great shape, only 15,000 miles on it and we love it. However, the power driver's seat is acting up. It has the memory fuction that is related to the two key fabs so if my husband unlocks the car it will change to his settings and if I open the truck with mine it will change to mine. Well for some reason the setting for Driver one does not hold and instead of going to my setting for driver one the seat just moves ALL the way to the front as far as it can. Even if I unlock the car twice in a row, instead of just staying where it was it moves all the way to the front. If I am sitting in it and push the driver 1 button it starts moving me forward. Why is it doing this? Can I reset it some how? Is it an electric malfunction that we can fix on our own. What should we do about it? Right now it's annoying as I have to move the seat all the way back before I get in, but more importantly I feel doing that daily is going to wear that motor out pretty quick.

Thanks,
Sarah