Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

WeatherTech Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2007, 10:16 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WeatherTech Floor Liners

Can the cut-outs in the cargo liner for the third row seat go back in place after the seats are removed? Or once you cut out those areas, they are trash at that point?

Also, how is that lip all the way around the cargo liner holding up? I don't really like how the lip goes across the back of the second row, especially if you had the captain's chairs like I do, you would be able to see the lip from sitting in the second row. Does anyone have a picture of the factory GM cargo mat installed (black preferrably)? How about the WeatherTech cargo liner in black? Pictures, pictures, please.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Thats the only down side, once you cut out the bracket areas you can't put it back together to form a solid mat again.

The lip is holding up fine, I think it will outlast my ownership of the truck?

Hum, I see what your talking about on the lip inback of the 2nd row seat in the tahoe. There is a lip in the suburban too, but not nearly as bad as the one in the tahoe. It looks like you have to place your feet right on the one in the tahoe? The suburban actually has a floor pan for your feet so they do not hit the lip at all. I would look into this befor you buy it.
Old September 6th, 2007, 2:59 PM
CF Junior Member

This wasone of the first items I purchased. About three days out of the dealership my light gray titanium floormats looked like hell. These have great coverage and clean up really easily. I agree that the second row could / should roll back further and I really want a full cargo mat for the back... hope they make this available soon.
Old September 18th, 2007, 3:38 PM
CF Active Member

I asked WeatherTech if they were going to make a "cargo mat" for the '07 Tahoe without the 2" lip that the "cargo liner" has and here was their answer:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.[/align][/align]Unfortunately, we do not have plans to make a cargo mat for the Tahoe. The only custom cargo protection product we offer the Tahoe is the cargo liner shown on our website.[/align][/align]please call us if you have further questions and we willbe happy to assist you.[/align][/align]Best regards,[/align][/align]Derek[/align]MacNeil Automotive[/align]1.800.441.6287[/align][/align][/align]Does anyone have the reversible OEM cargo mat for the '07 Tahoe? This is what I am considering going with since the 2" lip all the way around the cargo liner isn't very eye-appealing to me and doesn't seem practical with the captains chairs in the second row. What other cargo mats or liners are out there that people have purchased? (I don't like Husky or OEM cargo liner either)[/align][/align]
Old September 18th, 2007, 6:28 PM
CF Active Member

One more question...

Does the 2" lip of the WeatherTech liner run along the edge of the rear lift gate or just on three sides? How about for the OEM liner?
Old September 18th, 2007, 7:13 PM
CF Senior Member

No, it cuts down to about a 1/4 of an inch.
Old September 18th, 2007, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Nice pics....good info. Will pick them up as soon as I take delivery in Oct.
Been using Weather Tech in the past but the design now is far superior than what was offered in the past.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:45 AM
CF Active Member

I purchased my front and middle row liners and I was actually quite bummed when I saw the color. I have a light cashmere interior and the tan liner doesn't match as indicated. Other than that these are the sweetest liners I've ever seen
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GIXXER

I purchased my front and middle row liners and I was actually quite bummed when I saw the color. I have a light cashmere interior and the tan liner doesn't match as indicated. Other than that these are the sweetest liners I've ever seen
You might want to exchange them for black ones. I had tan ones on another car some time ago and the black scuff marks from your shoes etc.. will bother you even more then the tan not matching. Black goes with just about everything. Good Luck
Old March 11th, 2008, 6:42 AM
CF Junior Member

can u post your photo again please, i'm in the market for one and can i please see the pictures, own a suburban myself.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners