Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What could be wrong?

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could be wrong?

I have a 2005 Suburban. Im having to press the gas to get it to start.The last 2 morning it has been alittle on the cooler side so it has stated the first time with out pressing the gas but to start it up the rest of the day I have to press the gas and then it will start. I took it to auto zone and the tested the bat, and some other stuff and that was fine. What could it be?

TIA
Melissa
Old July 6th, 2009, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Melissa,

Well it could be a long or a short list of things. If it sounds like your electrical components are testing fine, maybe consider your fuel components. It could be something as easy as a dirty fuel filter.

When you turn your key into the "On" position (for the lack of a better term) and as you turn your key further to "turn" the motor over, your fuel pump should be pumping gas from the tank, through the fuel lines, through the fuel filter, through some more line then finally to your injectors. When you push down on the gas pedal, it directs the pump / injectors to pump some more fuel so you geting a bigger volume of fuel compared to just a regular start up.

Either way, I would start with the cheapest trouble shooting method and try replacing the filter first before doing anything else. If thats not it, then atleast you have a clean filter now, and can move to the next step should it be necessary.

You can purchase a filter at any auto parts store, maybe even walmart.

Hope this answers any questions! Happy Wrenching!