Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What do i do about my leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i do about my leather seats?

I am still pondering what to do about protection for my leather interior on my 07 tahoe. I went with the light titanium grey interior b/c that is what i liked better. I have had it for a month and the driver seat is already starting to wrinkle and turn darker on the side closest to the door. Is there anything i can do to prevent this leather interior from turning out ruined like my 02 z71 interior.
Old August 1st, 2007, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What do i do about my leather seats?

I've always used Zaino "Leather in a bottle" personally. I normally usea leather cleaner wipe like mequiars or zymolto get the crud off, then condition the hell out of the seats. I usually condition the seats about once a month, but use the cleaner wipes every week when I wash my car.
I traded in an 04 Infiniti G35 for my Tahoe and the seats looked practically new, sans a few wrinkles on the left bolster.

There are alot of products out there for conditioning leather, I guess you just have to find the right one. But cleaning them on a regular basis should help with dirt build up and oil from your skin.

just my .02
Old August 9th, 2007, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

ok i think i am going to go with zaino, but where can i get it? do i need to order it online?

any one else think zaino is the best?

I have been using armor all leather wipes to clean it? are these ok?
thanks in advance
Old August 9th, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used Lexol pH-Cleaner and Conditioner http://www.lexol.com/
They are inexpensive and available at places like Checker auto and Bed Bath and Beyond.
I treat the leather on my steering wheel as well.
Old August 10th, 2007, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

I haven't ever really seen Zaino in stores, but you can order it online http://www.zainobros.com
It is a little pricey but it's well worth it.

Lexol is a good leather cleaner/conditoner as well, but i'm not sure if they contain protectents from sun damage as Zaino does.
Old August 10th, 2007, 9:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino is only available in stores in some cities in New Jersey, I believe. We use the exterior products on our Z and really like it. Zaino has a pretty big following on the Nissan 350z andInfiniti G35boards. The cost may seem high, but the bottles last a while.

The leather shop that redid the interior of our newest 350Z with burnt orange leather said to use Lexol so that is what we will most likely use. So far, we have been able to clean the mess that the various shops building the car off the seats pretty easy with the Lexol.

I really should do the interior of my Tahoe more often, but usually I am helping in the cleaning of the Z for the shows that I am too tired to treat the Tahoe.
Old August 10th, 2007, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

ok thanks for the replies, does lexol help prevent the streaks and dirt on the outer edge of the seat?
Old August 10th, 2007, 2:48 PM
CF Pro Member

I used the package where I work at GM, it is guaranteed for life, if they cant get stains out they replace the seats, also against holes and cracks.....ask your dealer....cost you more most likely but hey they guarantee for as long as you own you truck.....why not and you dont have to keep reapplying.
Old August 10th, 2007, 4:55 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

MalibuMaxxSS,
You work for GM?
What department and city?
Old August 10th, 2007, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

what kind of package from gm is this?

Quick Reply: What do i do about my leather seats?