Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What other options would you have paid for?

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2007, 7:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What other options would you have paid for?

Are you the same guys that beat the tar out of the poor salesperson for that last $100 off and free oil change?
Oh I see; but now there's all this big talk about all the things that you would have spent extra on.....I get it (:
Old May 4th, 2007, 7:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Darn right. I would have spent extra forstuff but not full asking price.

Old May 4th, 2007, 7:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see the removable roof like the old K5 Blazers had... Also, fold-flat rear seats... 40MPG... and someone to drive me around....
Old May 16th, 2007, 9:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 2nd row sunroof would be nice as well
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

I think the LTZ should come with the HID headlamps and LED signal/tails, Bluetooth, and front park assist.And I'd pass on the 6.2L in exchange for a diesel. And what the %$@^ is it going to take to get a 6-speed transmission. Its 2007 and we're barely past the old three-on-the-tree tranny stage.

I'm also really interested to see how the hybrid deal turns out. I'll hold off saying its something I'd be ready to pay for today,but I do think there is some potential there. GM has been building diesel/electric buses for years, so you'd think they could leverage some technology from there.

Old May 17th, 2007, 1:17 PM
CF Junior Member

the tahoe that I own is actually driven mostly by my wife except for when i need to pick something up from the store. The rear seats are a pain. I would have paid BIG money for seats that fold flush into the floor of the storage compartment.
Diesel sounds interesting, the engines are usually noisy though.
Old May 19th, 2007, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

I don't know that the diesel's have to be noisy. New diesel cars are fairly quiet without the can of marbles sound. A diesel will always sound different, but I don't think they need to be obnoxious. I think the trucks are noisy almost on purpose to show off the diesel (sort of like a lot of us do with exhaust changes on the gas engine trucks, or cars for that matter).
Old May 20th, 2007, 2:39 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm with you. We need some form of alterative fuel for the Tahoe other than the flex fuel. I average 13.4 mpg and with gas at $3.04, I just paid $70.00 for 23 gallons of regular! Thats ridiculas!
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:47 AM
CF Junior Member

I would like the Autoride self-leveling feature without the LTZ trim - cloth interior, no sunroof, etc. And since we're dreaming here, a4 liter turbodiesel with 250HP, big torque numbers and mid to high 20's for gas mileage in place of the 5.3. Being a previous duramax owner I would love to have a smaller diesel in my Tahoe.

You can laugh about the diesel if you want, but by 2010 the majority of SUV's will either use gas-electric hybrid, diesel or perhaps even diesel-hybrid combos for power. The Mercedes ML320SUV has 200HP, 398lbs ft of torque, gets high 20's on the highway and can tow 7500 lbs. 200HP doesn't sound like much but the 398lbs ft of torque is what moves you down the highway.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:51 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: rat55chevy

A SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION !
YES!!!!!! But a short throw.

Quick Reply: What other options would you have paid for?