Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What year started tire pressure monitors in Yukon?

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2015, 7:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What year started tire pressure monitors in Yukon?

I'm just curious about when tire pressure monitors were first used in Yukons. I have an '03 Yukon Denali and since it has about every option imaginable I was a little surprised that it doesn't have TPM's as far as I can tell.

Yesterday I had a tire that looked low so I checked and it only had 20 lbs of air, but no message was displayed. I checked the owners manual and see no mention of TPM so I assume it doesn't have them. I haven't gotten the tire broken down yet, and actually would prefer not having that system, so all's well. I'm just curious.
Old November 18th, 2015, 3:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mmb617
I'm just curious about when tire pressure monitors were first used in Yukons. I have an '03 Yukon Denali and since it has about every option imaginable I was a little surprised that it doesn't have TPM's as far as I can tell.

Yesterday I had a tire that looked low so I checked and it only had 20 lbs of air, but no message was displayed. I checked the owners manual and see no mention of TPM so I assume it doesn't have them. I haven't gotten the tire broken down yet, and actually would prefer not having that system, so all's well. I'm just curious.
My 05 Suburban had it and my 02 didn't. You're better off without it at this age because you'd be replacing all the sensors about now and they're not cheap, plus the GM version of TPMS needs to programmed.
Old November 19th, 2015, 7:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My father in laws Yukno XL Denali had it.
Old November 20th, 2015, 9:17 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

2004 Tahoe has. There are aftermarket ones available.
Old November 20th, 2015, 3:29 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm glad I don't have it as it's just one more thing to not work properly and cause problems. I can see when I have a low tire as I did this time.

I was curious as to when they started using this system as I had an '06 Express van that did have them, yet my '03 Yukon did not. By the post above I take it I just missed them if they were in the '04's.