Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wheel Balancing

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2008, 8:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel Balancing

Thanks for the info and links. I've called a few places and the problem I'm running into is that not too many places have the equipment to balance and/or mount 22s if needed. I find that hard to believe with all the big wheels being sold now. Also, one shop told me that the GSP 9700 won't do much for big wheels with any kind of "deep lip"....is that true? Of course they still told me they would try if I would leave the 'Hoe there ALL DAY....not gonna happen. I'm going to give some of the dealerships a call this week. Taking a road trip in a few weeks and I'm going to go crazy if this thing shakes for 600 miles.
Old September 13th, 2008, 9:42 PM
CF Active Member

I have not found a wheel/tire combo that you cannot correct with the Hunter balancer with road-force and straight-track. If there is a problem with the rim or the tire, the machine will tell you which one is the problem.
If your tech knows what he is doing with the machine it will balance even 18 wheeler tires (22.2).
I have balanced factory tires to 26" with no problem, I can even do 30" rim tire combo.
I know I can do big mud tire combos I have done 44" mud boggers and they balanced.

Try going to a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus or a Caddillac dealer.
Old September 13th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm no expert but I would think that a high dollar tire machine would be flexible enoughto accomidate a pretty wide range of tire sizes... I'd go with Charlie's recommendation and try a dealership, for sure a caddy dealer would know/have exp with larger tires for the SUV platform.
Old September 15th, 2008, 6:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Well, I finally was able to get it done. I've only been able to get the tahoe up to 60, but so far it's great. Right around 60 was where I was having most of the vibration so hopefully this is a good sign. I'll know better tomorrow when I get on the interstate and I'll let you guys know.
Old September 16th, 2008, 5:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Road Force balancing and straight track is a MUST. I got it all the way up to 80 on the way to work and she's like new. I definitely recommend everyone get it done. It not only eliminated the vibration but the overall right is improved. Thanks for all the help on this Charlie and in2pro. If there is anyone on here in the northern VA area and wants to get this done, I highly recommend the place below. They are great guys and actually know what they're doing.

Parkway Automotive
3830 PRINCE WILLIAM PKWY
WOODBRIDGE, VA 22192
Phone: 703-590-4105
Old September 16th, 2008, 5:34 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

If you don't mind sharingLuclab,what did they charge for the balancing?
Old September 16th, 2008, 5:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Oddly enough, it was $25 per wheels. The same amount I wasting at other garages.