Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wheel and tire size fitment 2008 Chevy suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2021, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel and tire size fitment 2008 Chevy suburban

I am new to this forum and don’t usually post on these but I want to try and save someone whose looking to put some aftermarket wheels and tires on their Tahoe suburban avalanche and so forth some trouble. I have an 08 suburban 1500 LT3. I have the truck for about a month and just upgraded my wheels, tires and suspension. I have a CCM 2.5” front/1” rear lift/level kit and that did it’s job and raised it as advertised. I also picked up a set of 17x9 fuel maverick D610 -12mm offset wheels. I am a man who likes to do neat work so I didn’t want trimming at all. On this lift/level kit I was told I can clear 285/70-17 on -12mm offset rims without rubbing by custom offsets. DONT EVEN TRY IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO TRIM. I decided to go with falken wildpeak at3w standard loads in 285/70-17. I got the level kit in and I got my rims and tires in and when I installed the tire was hitting the bumper before even a quarter of a turn. I would’ve had to cut 2” off the bumper to clear those tires and some off the back side wheel well liner. So not even to chance it I returned those tires luckily and got the same tire in 265/70-17 which is factory size. Got those mounted up today. They fit nicely and barely miss the plastic liner at full lock both ways. It does rub a smidge when at full lock in reverse but that I can live with because it’s literally a smidge. So those looking to clear 285/70-17 on a -12mm offset with a level kit and not rub don’t waste your time or money. I get it I wanted to stuff as big a tire in the wheel well as possible too but it’s just not possible without a very good amount of trimming.

Now that I got my new setup all cleared up and squared away I will review the products I have on my truck.

CCM 2.5”front 1” rear lift/level kit
for the money I don’t think it can be beat. Quality parts and raises as advertised. Truck is now noticeably taller. All angles of the suspension and axels are changed minimally. Plenty of slack on abs sensor wires and brake lines. The ride quality is EXACTLY the same as before. *note* (I drove the truck for a day with factory wheels and tires after level kit waiting for the smaller falkens to come in.)

fuel maverick d610 17x9 -12mm offset wrapped in 265/70-17 falken at3w standard load
I ordered the wheels from custom offsets and I couldn’t be happier with the way they look. I had them do the ceramic coating and they sent me lug nuts and the hub centric rings. They are a little heavier than the stock 17” alloys but not by much.

the falkens fit on the rims nicely and still protect the rim a good bit. I do have to say the goodyear duratracs I had on my older Chevy were a little quieter at highway speeds but that being said these are pretty quiet for an a/t tire. I just drove home in heavy rain and not a single complaint about wet traction. Time will tell how good they actually are.

overall results
with all parts installed the truck still rides as good as it was when bone stock. Handles great takes bumps in the road great. Gas mileage seems to be the same but I can’t tell 100% because I only drove it home from work once but instant mileage seemed the same. And i don’t know if it is just me but it feels like acceleration improved rather than decreasing due to more Unsprung weight.
I am totally in love with the look of my truck now and wouldn’t change a thing. To me the 265/70 still filled the wheel well gap just fine for it being a Chevy with them damn square wheel wells lol.
mid you find this post and it helps well I’m glad I can help. I was disappointed when I had to go with 265/70-17 but I’m so happy with the way it looks and that I don’t have to trim anything. You won’t regret going with a similar setup.

The following users liked this post:
JuniorG (March 20th, 2021)
Old July 13th, 2022, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link to kit?

Could you provide the link to the kit that you used? Also the details on where you got it from and for how much.

I found this one, but I don't know if it's the same one.
https://www.ccmoffroad.com/2007-2022...ling-lift-kit/

Also, does this kit have everything you need to increase the ride height? Are there any other modifications or any other parts that we need?

Thank you so much for your help.