Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

XM Customer Service SUX! (long)

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Customer Service SUX! (long)

Check out this PITA story......

Had XM on my 03 Yukon XL, paid for a year and when I sold it I had the balance transfered over to my "new"
05 Denali XL. Smooth sailing.

In May I trade the Denali in on the Tahoe LTZ and had like an 80 some odd dollar credit. Since I had the 3 months free trial I said
just apply the paid up portion from the Denali to the new truck when the trial ends. They say they can't do that. They have to issue a credit, and since
the payment was by credit card, they would credit my cc account.
June and July cc bill arrive......NO credit. Call them back, they review and say that they have to issue me a credit by check now.
August rolls by no check. XM trial expires, no XM. September now another month goes by.......no check.
Called them last night........they say the credit was sent August 7. So I say and it takes 30 days for the postal service to deliver it (I know they are slow, but....)?
So I tell the guy that my XM is off so he says he will re-activate......ok cool, and "investigate" the refund issue.
I make sure that he documents the call on the account, and say I will give the USPS another 2 weeks.

It seems to me that XM has followed AOL, DELL, and countless other corporations by outsourcing these jobs to foreign countries.
Never have spoken with someone that is fluent in ENGLISH.

GREAT customer service would have been......" we are sorry for YOUR inconvienence, we will apply the credit to your account AND give you a free 6 months......gratis.

Back in 03 they would always wheel and deal on subscriptions. I got like 12 months for like $6 a month!

Sorry for the long post............thanks for the time to rant......I feel better now! (:-)>
Old September 20th, 2006, 5:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: XM Customer Service SUX! (long)

ORIGINAL: fyrcaptain

Check out this PITA story......

Had XM on my 03 Yukon XL, paid for a year and when I sold it I had the balance transfered over to my "new"
05 Denali XL. Smooth sailing.

In May I trade the Denali in on the Tahoe LTZ and had like an 80 some odd dollar credit. Since I had the 3 months free trial I said
just apply the paid up portion from the Denali to the new truck when the trial ends. They say they can't do that. They have to issue a credit, and since
the payment was by credit card, they would credit my cc account.
June and July cc bill arrive......NO credit. Call them back, they review and say that they have to issue me a credit by check now.
August rolls by no check. XM trial expires, no XM. September now another month goes by.......no check.
Called them last night........they say the credit was sent August 7. So I say and it takes 30 days for the postal service to deliver it (I know they are slow, but....)?
So I tell the guy that my XM is off so he says he will re-activate......ok cool, and "investigate" the refund issue.
I make sure that he documents the call on the account, and say I will give the USPS another 2 weeks.

It seems to me that XM has followed AOL, DELL, and countless other corporations by outsourcing these jobs to foreign countries.
Never have spoken with someone that is fluent in ENGLISH.

GREAT customer service would have been......" we are sorry for YOUR inconvienence, we will apply the credit to your account AND give you a free 6 months......gratis.

Back in 03 they would always wheel and deal on subscriptions. I got like 12 months for like $6 a month!

Sorry for the long post............thanks for the time to rant......I feel better now! (:-)>
That is sad to hear as I have been with XM since 2001 when the service started, I can't wait to see the nightmare when I opt for service in my truck as I am a subscriber and I should get the secon sub for 6.95 a month unless they screw this up. I love XM and will never dump it , but I hear the customer service is slipping.
Old September 20th, 2006, 5:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Im really not to impressed with XM...its 12.95/month, and I havent heard anything really worth listening to continuously for 12.95/month...
Old September 20th, 2006, 6:39 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

XM customer service is not that great but they're working hard to make it worse and be slower.

I have a couple of vehicles with XM and also a SKyFi unit that I have hooked to the boombox, CNN and Fox News are worth the money, I’m also a big San Diego Padres fan and even though I pay for the super-duper High-Def TV package with my local cable provider I could not get 3 of the 4 last game series with the Dodgers so I listened to it on XM while I was working on some other things, that also makes it worth it for me.
The compression they use make the music channels sound worse than FM.
Old September 21st, 2006, 4:42 AM
CF Junior Member

XM reps basically read off prompts..like automatons. I had a MyFi and a Roady2 in my previous vehicle. It took me about a month after I activated my Tahoe XM to finally cancel the 2 units. I tell the rep that I sold the vehicle with the roady 2..and replaced it with the GM XM unit, and that I sold the MyFi on Ebay. He goes into a tangent about "what my problem is with the service.." uhhh IM NOT LEAVING YOUR SERVICE. He ends the call with "well, i can give you a free 3 months on the 2 units you want to cancel" ...oh my god.
Old September 21st, 2006, 5:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Yup I can't wait to see what happens when my 3 month trial service is up as I want to subscribe for my Tahoe as well, I hope it goes smoothly.