Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Yet another Stabilitrak thread...

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2017, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet another Stabilitrak thread...

I apologize for posting yet another one of these, but wanted to get feedback as to next steps.

We bought a 2007 Suburban LTZ with around 120k miles in July 2015. By November, we had our first Stabilitrak issue. Took it back to the dealership where we purchased and they initially replaced the accelerator pedal. That worked for about a month when it triggered again (doing 70 on the interstate). It was very intermittent for a while. In the meantime, we had to replace the alternator. After that, the issued did not trigger again for 5 months. After it did, we took it back and had the pedal replaced. That did not last long before it triggered again.

We replaced the throttle body in July. Not even 3 weeks later, it triggers again and has been triggering more frequently, but sporadically. Over the last week, it has triggered a lot.

Both the shop that replaced the throttle body and dealership have both thrown in the towel. The dealer blames the brand/manufacturer of GM's throttle bodies. I am worried about this causing my wife issues as she is driving with my kids somewhere.

Where do I go from here?