Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Z71

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2007, 5:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Z71

the new Z71 also comes in a 2 wheel drive package. (i know... kinda defeats the Z71 purpose). but it still has the off road suspension which will actually bea plus for me when i drop it. no need to upgrade shocks or struts.
without extreme weather conditions, not alot of demand for 4x4's on the roads of southern cali.
Old February 12th, 2007, 7:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true, there is always that chance though.. If they could make one that can go up about 6 in and then drop back down would be nice. I wish that Kelderman would come out with something like that.
Old February 12th, 2007, 9:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the LTZ/LT3 and put Katskins in. They are quality leather and the fit has always been perfect. Most of the other stuff is add-able.the flares appear to be a pain to just remove.

Option #2 You could get the Z71 and buy aftermarket or OEMLT stylefront and rear bumpers to replace yours. Less parts to add on but you have to paint the bumpers.
Old February 13th, 2007, 2:23 AM
CF Junior Member

yeah that's another way i didn't think of... that way would be WAAAY cheaper than buying automatic and heated seats... what was i thinkin???
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

I have a Z71. I have had it for about a week now. I love my Tahoe. The thing that impressed me the most was the drive, especially on the highway. The flares don’t bother me so much. What really bothers me is the grey on the front bumper. What was Chevy thinking? Well I guess some people probably like it, so I can’t say much. But the reason I bought the Z71 was 2 reasons. It was a demo and I got a great deal on it, 2nd I love the aluminum interior trim. Looks beautiful. So my body guy is going to paint the bumper black, I will let you know how it comes out.
Old February 14th, 2007, 2:02 AM
CF Junior Member

i can see how the contrast between silver and the black body color would stand out in a bad way. i guess it's not so noticable with white. or maybe it just appears a bit more congruent on a white body.
i also love the bushed metal trim on the dash. the only thing i don't like is the center console and it's lack of storage divisions. otherwise i like my tahoe more each day.
let us see those pics when it comes back from the body shop.
Old February 14th, 2007, 2:14 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the flares on the Z71 if you going for the off road style, but I can see they would not look right if you are going to drop it. I would definately paint the front bumber to be all one color wether or not I raised or lowered it.
Old February 14th, 2007, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Tahoe07 great reply I never new about the Katskinz. They look awesome but I'm not sure how you order the two tone exotics or whichever.
I guess I will go the route of a loaded up LT3 and add everything. I hate red cars but the red you have all detailed out looks great. The new Escalade red looks really nice as well.

I love the brushed aluminum interior and the two tone seats. The fender flares I honestly can't say one good thing about. They look tacked on (tacky really) and make the wheel wells look huge. The only way is if you get 24" tire and rim package and black to hide the seams somewhat.
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

New to the forum...

I just got the Z71 in black, and I like theblack/grey front...because it goes with the black/grey interior. I also own a black 2003 Z71, and it has the grey/black front as well. Seems like they are trying to stick with some of the old Z71 features. The only downsideI see now is the roof rack. The older Z71 had a much beefer roof rack...but from what I hear the new smaller one is more aerodynamic.

Just my .02

Let the mods begin .
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I happen to like the fender flares and the two-tone front bumper. It sets it apart from the other stock Tahoes on the road without having to do a thing. But it probably has a lot to do with personal taste. I love the clean look of the non-Z71's too.....but I don't think mine looks that bad! (btw, it's the most recent pic in the "show your hoe" thread. #567 lol)

Quick Reply: Z71