Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Zune

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: zume

If you have the NAV unit that plays Movie DVD's and the flipdown screen and have the yellow, red, and white RCA jacks on the back of the rear console, All you would have to do is use the video cord for the zune and connect it to those jacks. select AUX then Video Jack and you should have Video and audio from the zune play on your nav screen, Now of course without the use of the Coastal Tech Lockpick, only the sound will play if you shift the transmission out of park ( for safety). If you have the nav unit without dvd playback, you will need the Coastal Tech lockpick GMX-320 for sure so it will add Audio and Video jacks to the unit. Hope this helps
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

ORIGINAL: BMoTahoe

I'm pretty sure Zune is all input and no output. But, I know sooner or later someone will find a way to do this.
If that's the case, then how do you listen/watch anything that's on it? Isn't the Zune the Microsoft version of an iPod?
Old May 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not going to work rruelas. The RCA inputs on the rear of the center console only send video to the RSE screen in the ceiling. The Zune's data cable isn't configured for RCA output. The ONLY way I know of transferring anything out of a Zune device is by way of a PC. If you know something I don't, please share it with us.
Old May 12th, 2008, 1:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally dont own a Zune. However I connected a playstation to the rear audio video jacks and connected a Ipod Video Classic ( my brother in laws) to the rear video/audio jacks on my 07 tahoe( not at the same time of course). Both times video played through the Factory Navigation screen and the Rear Flipdown screen by selecting AUX on the top of the touch screen, then by pressing the VIDEO JACK DEVICE on the bottom of the screen. That button will only be lit if something is pluged into the input jacks of the tahoe. Even the wireless headphones for the flipdown screen worked. The two wired headphone jacks work too if you select video device on the rear audio controls.

I did some research and you can get an Zune Dock. It will provide Video-out and component video-out capability via the optional Zune dock. Its not included with the zune but if you buy it, it lets you view movies and video on a TV or monitor. You can get Zune docks, video cables and other accessories from just about any electronics store like bestbuy or circuit city. You can also try Walmart. Check out this website. This cable would be all that you will need to connect it to your TV at home or your video setup in your car. Its only 19.99.

http://www.zune-accessories.org/zune...put-cable.html

If a Ipod video plays through just fine, I dont see why a Zune wouldn't. I believe the Zune is cheaper and with 80gigs of space, you can convert alot of movies over to mpeg format and play them in your car. I might do the same. I hope this helps.
Old May 12th, 2008, 5:35 PM
CF Active Member

I'm gonna be the guinea pig on this topic. I'll go out to best Buy in a few minutes and purchase the a/v cablet set. I'll let you guys know how it turns out as soon as I get back in. Hell, this is turning out to be fun. [8D]
Old May 12th, 2008, 7:23 PM
CF Active Member

Okay, here goes. I went to Best Buy, bought the a/v cable set, got in the truck, plugged them in, dropped the rear screen down, turned it on, hooked the Zune up, turned it on, found a video, played it and..................................... nope, didn't play on my front or rear screen. The box says you can watch movies at home and all that other stuff, but it didn't work in the Hoe. I went through all of that switching from one source to the other (video input, audio device, aux), nothing worked. Got plenty of audio but no video. Maybe I should try it with a beer.
Old May 12th, 2008, 7:29 PM
CF Active Member

Heading back to the store to get the Zune dock to see if that works. If it doesn't, I can always use them at work. Let ya know in a li'l bit.
Old May 12th, 2008, 9:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i knew i had seen this somewhere but i swear i thought i saw a video of it being done on the 07 tahoe. well here is a video of them doing it on another car im sure this same method is used on the tahoes 07 etc. 08 tahoe. i bruaght this up hopeing someone had already been the ginnie pig on this matter. the reason i say this is because it involves some reading and some time on your hand s to be able to get this done. well i really havent had the time to even come back here and read up on this. but since there was alot of intrest on this matter i did some browsing the net today for a few minutes and i came across the same guy that i think i saw him do this on the 07 tahoe etc. but im not sure yet. well here is a link to a video of them doing this to another car etc. hope someone else will do some more research ifthey have the time to do so. i will defenetly do so my self when i get a chance.

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/...s-monitor.aspx
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM
CF Active Member

I followed the link in the last post and it works.

All you need is one of the auxiliary cables with the earphone type plug on one end and the RCA plugs on the other.

Make sure the nav screen is set in "aux" and "video input"

Hook the auxiliary cable to the top of the Zune and the other end to the 3 RCA inputs (red, white & yellow) on the back of the center console.

Turn the Zune on, go to the menu, scroll down to "settings", click it and then go to "display". Go down to "turn tv off and hit the center button, which will turn the tv setting on. Read the message and hit the center button again. The Zune screen will go black & the Zune menu will show up on the nav screen. Operate the Zune asnormal.

Guess I ain't the Zune God I thought I was.