Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

)1' Tahoe Alarm goes off when I unlock the door......

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2016, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default )1' Tahoe Alarm goes off when I unlock the door......

I have an 2001 Tahoe that began alarm horn activate when I unlock the doors with the key. This began when I drilled a hole through the rear right door jamb wiring connector (through a blank pinhole) but I assume that I must have nicked, or pulled a wire or connection that provides some actuator or dook lock status. The actuator still works fine, but I think something happened like the door was locked b4 I drilled, and never has sent an unlock to the BCM or some other alarm sensor.... my key fobs haven't worked several months before this started. Help pls!
Old May 19th, 2016, 8:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

you are describing normal operation of the content theft system. it must be unlocked with a fob to not set the alarm. Using the key will trip the alarm.

It happens every time I have to enter a vehicle that has no fob and the doors have been locked with the power lock switch.

lock the doors with the manual push slider and I bet it won't trip the alarm...you also won't have content theft protection if someone breaks into you truck.