Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/)
-   -   Spyder HALO Projector Lights (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/spyder-halo-projector-lights-44187/)

RNGR Q June 10th, 2012 12:58 PM

I can't remember the store for the tail lights but a simple search on google, with quick click on images should bring a ton of images. Just use " YEAR Chevy Suburban Tail Lights" as your search parameter. As for the 3rd light, I was lucky and found them on ebay. Now the tail light and 3rd light look like they came as a complete set. I didn't just buy what looked cool. I wanted all 3 to match. Chrome or Clear on a white color tends to blend better, just like smoked would for the darker colors. Good luck.

Attachment 4431

73shark June 11th, 2012 12:23 AM

Here's where I got mine: Custom Auto Accessories :: Car Modification Parts :: Car Customization Online at ShopCustomCreations.com

They're hard to find on the website. Call and ask for Jeff.

kim June 17th, 2012 1:30 AM

Im new here also an been reading ok ready i have a 02 tahoe an i got hid's first, then got halos an ya my hids fit. Now got led turn signals. All black (truck is black) now we got pruple leds interior to put in an we got a lot of it from superbright leds easy to find web. Now one question im changing the interior light in the door will i have to use balstis when i do this? Like the ac,heat ect. Also the window,lock buttons on the door. Sorry so long.

nos822002 February 8th, 2015 9:33 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue with my spyder projector bulbs, too. I've only had them for 1 month and one of the projector bulbs have already burned out. I want to upgrade the bulbs for more visibility, because as has already been mentioned, the visibility sucks! I noticed from the photos of your headlights in this thread that your DRL's don't work. Neither did mine after installation, so what I did was run a jumper wire from the same wire that you use on your wiring harness to wire in the halos and leds to the positive wire on your DRL harness. After doing so, I installed some nice led DRLs and it looks pretty sick. I also did alot of homework before ordering my lights and ended up ordering the CCFL halos. HUGE difference in lighting visibility from the led halos. I highly recommend the CCFL over led. Thanks for sharing how to replace the bulbs. I will try to replace the bulbs and post pics afterward.

stuhump April 17th, 2015 1:22 AM

halos projector lights

Originally Posted by RNGR Q (Post 187795)
I have these Spyder HALO Projector Lights installed on my 2007 Suburban. These do not have the CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) bulbs. These lights look great, however, the low beam output is horrible. The stock low beam lit up the roadway better. I am looking to improve the low beam output, so here are my questions:

1. What is the type of bulb used in these Spyder HALO Lights?
2. Are there replacement CCFL bulbs I could buy separately?
3. Considering LED or and HID Kit from CARiD ~ Which kit would be best?

I am looking for anyone who has installed these lights and share the same concerns as far at the low beam output. As well as those that have installed an HID Kit. I am unsure if there is a fitting iand bulb type issue since I now have the Spyder HALO Projector Front Headlight Assembly, which I want to keep on the Burb.

Yes I have the same lights and you can change them out with hid h-1 bulbs I recommend the 55w instead of the 35w and you don't have to pay that much for them if you get them off eBay or amozon carid you will pay too dollar and I also recommend puttin hid in fog lights and they are 880 bulb hope it helps you out

M Childs September 27th, 2015 8:45 AM

Great Pics - Ring Q!

I have a 2013 Avalanche - i just installed Spyder Halos - but the lighting performance is quite bad compared to the OEM. However, i love the Spyder layout.

I have been researching HID's and they appear to be the way to go and it appears you put HID's into yours and they look great!

What is the best quality and best performing HID's i can get to put into my Spyder's ?

M Childs September 27th, 2015 11:11 AM

Hi RNGR Q:
I just purchased the same Spyder headlights as you show - they look great - but the performance is not great and i am looking to see if HID can be installed into the Spyder's.

Do you know if this can be done - if so what would i need to do and where can i purchase them?

Christian Gomez November 27th, 2016 1:04 AM

2013 silverado LTZ 4 door

I got halo lights at it came with stock lights and I see everyone saying I should get H1. Where can I get them? And I need some help finding them.I don't want the blue lights I just want the nice LED bright white ones matching my halo rings.