Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

New to the tracker world

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the tracker world

I just bought a 1.6l 8v 4x4 tracker running and driving for 1000 bucks it runs good and drives good but the light system is shot someone hacked the wiring to bits i got a new wiring harness complete from headlight to taillight for 40 bucks im about to have to install. Ive been looking at lifting it to fit 31.50 tires some nice all terrains, i love the fuel millage just dont have much get up and go. My nieghbor has a tracker grave yard he said he would trade me all the componets to change mine to 5 speed standard for my automatic do yall think its worth it?, ive been looking around and for everything i want to do to it (with out paint, body and interior work) itll cost me around 1500 bucks, my future plans are a 2 inch body lift, engine rebuild 40 over, a nice mid range cam, 31.50 all terrains, steering stabilizer kit, and cold air intake kit as far as paint and body below the hard body line im going to coat it with bed liner since its going to be a mud/brush trail truck, im going to put ford 4x4 wagon wheel rims on it on the inside the floor boards, doors kick panels ect will be coated with bed liner and water sealed, it rusts hard in south texas, i plan on running a cage on the inside and cutting the fender wells back 2 to 3 inches to give extra clearence later i may do a solid axle conversion. this is also a hard top model with no removable top its solid ive only seen acouple i will post pictures soon