TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

07 trailblazer new window regulater now controls are backwards?

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2018 | 7:33 AM
CF Active Member

Default 07 trailblazer new window regulater now controls are backwards?

Hello I swapped in the new cable style 07 trailblazer new window regulater now controls are backwards? I actualey have Saab 97x same as trailblazer.

I removed and replaced the complete assembly exactly (window at same height) as it came apart however when I press down window wants to go up and vice versa.

The electrical connections are all keyed so that eliminates the possibility of wire reversal.

Here’s the part I have for the front driver side door first one on this link https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/20...lator_assembly

When the window failed I was out of town in Florida w/ 100%rain luckily we had a traupe to cover window stuck half down.
Before part arrived I was cruising around w/ the window duck taped to door now there’s extra stickie 3m duck tape glue inside some of the window seal making it difficult for window to slide, will clean w/ goof off.

I post image of what I’ve done. Thanks for advice.
Old July 7th, 2018 | 7:57 AM
CF Monarch

If it works well and the only problem is that the buttons are reversed, I would swap the wires on the regulator side and leave the harness on the car side alone.
Old July 7th, 2018 | 8:32 AM
CF Active Member

I could do this however the window has a auto down and not a auto up both will be effected correct?
Old January 11th, 2019 | 6:52 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by oldchevy
If it works well and the only problem is that the buttons are reversed, I would swap the wires on the regulator side and leave the harness on the car side alone.
well I finalley got around to reversing the wires and window works fine, thanks

when the cable snapped it was pouring down rain the window was all the way down basically was irritated and ripped the inside plastic door cover off breaking the two mount points currently have one self tapper holding the cover in place.

I will attempt to glue attach new mounts.