TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2002 trailblazer electrical problems please help

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 trailblazer electrical problems please help

I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. Yesterday It would not start, I called road side assistance for a jump the battery was fine. Had it towed to the shop today and they told me that there must be a short somewhere but they could not find it. Because when he hit the dashboard the truck started right up. *So I told them about all the craziness that has been happening with the truck. While driving the dashboard will light up like a Christmas tree, the gas, oil and temp gauge stop working, the check gauges light comes on along with the ABS, battery, seat belts, etc. the only thing that still works is the speed odometer and rpm. *Sometimes the radio will turn off also. *The doors will no longer lock with the remote, *the rear gate does not lock at all anymore. *Yesterday the door lock buttons clicked but did not lock at all. They did today after hitting the dashboard. *I also noticed today that the light no longer comes on in truck when I open the door it will if I push the light in ceiling. And you know how when you turn off the truck that the radio will stay on for a few minutes and as long as no one opens the doors you can still put up the windows it does not do that anymore. And the back wiper does not work anymore. *Has anyone had these issues also if so what is the fix. I am afraid to drive it now because I don't know if it will just turn off while I am on the road.