TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2003 Trailblazer*Dashboard Lights Flashing On & Off*

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2021, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Trailblazer*Dashboard Lights Flashing On & Off*

A week ago, my dashboard lights (battery, ABS, air bag, brake) starting coming on and going off while the truck was running (occurred while I was driving and when stopped). On the second day, my car was DEAD & I replaced the battery. Yesterday, my truck started but the lights are still coming on & off again. Also flipping on and off is the entire dashboard. Sometimes the panel works (fuel gauge, temp., RPM's, speed gauge, etc) and other times it goes down and nothing is registering. Did the basic diagnostic at Advanced Auto. Nothing showed up. My alternator is 2 years old. I had the o2 sensor & the catalytic converter replaced 2 years ago. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my truck?
Josey2021 is offline Report Post

Last edited by Josey2021; August 15th, 2021 at 5:30 PM.
Old August 16th, 2021, 7:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 93 Likes on 84 Posts

Funny things like that indicate one of two things - a bad ground or an ignition switch going bad/gone bad.
Old August 22nd, 2021, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issues Solved

Originally Posted by Josey2021
A week ago, my dashboard lights (battery, ABS, air bag, brake) starting coming on and going off while the truck was running (occurred while I was driving and when stopped). On the second day, my car was DEAD & I replaced the battery. Yesterday, my truck started but the lights are still coming on & off again. Also flipping on and off is the entire dashboard. Sometimes the panel works (fuel gauge, temp., RPM's, speed gauge, etc) and other times it goes down and nothing is registering. Did the basic diagnostic at Advanced Auto. Nothing showed up. My alternator is 2 years old. I had the o2 sensor & the catalytic converter replaced 2 years ago. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my truck?
Josey2021 is offline Report Post

I inherited my Dad's '05. My folks spent years and tears dealing with the same issues..

My fix was the wiring harness in the top of the rear hatch door lift. Pull off boot and wiggle while on, if guages go nuts the wires are broken or grounding out. I spliced mine back together 4 years ago and Zero issues since. Good luck easy fix to a bad problem.