TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer will not move when in reverse or drive

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2019, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Trailblazer will not move when in reverse or drive

I'm having an issue with my 2006 trailblazer where it will switch into drive and reverse but won't move. When I put it in reverse it makes a faint winning sound and doesn't stop, when I switch it to park it makes the loud noise similar to how a zip tie sounds when it's being tightened. At first it wouldn't stop rolling backwards even in park with the parking brakes on, I would have to hold my foot on the brake pedal to keep it from moving. I have a mechanic coming out Friday to see what the issue is but have you all ever experienced this and know what it could be. Also, none of my 4wd switch lights are on now, but when I first started it it was in 2hi and the red N was lit.
Old May 30th, 2019, 6:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It almost sounds like it got shifted into neutral, and now is not shifting out. It could be a broken cable or cable end.
Old May 31st, 2019, 7:07 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

When I had my 03 Trailblazer the cable end on the shifting cable broke off. I didn't wan to replace the cable because of having to remove the console, so I drilled out the lever and cable end and installed a shoulder bolt which fixed the problem with much less work than replacing the cable.