TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2008 Trailblazer complaints

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2009, 1:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Trailblazer complaints

Ive had my 08 TB since Nov 2007, and it's a love hate situation. I love the way it drives and handles, but there are so many little things that bother me. It just seems cheaply made. My Chevy logo on the front and back are both peeling,they aremade out of cheap plastic. The print on the volume button on my radio is almost completely faded off, it looks horrible. The plastic trim on the drivers seat where the power seat controls are has broken 3 times already. The dealership has fixed it twice already, and I'm going to have to have them fix it again. It's also ridiculous that an 08 vehicle doesn't even have an MP3 jack, but i knew that when i bought it. These may not seem like a big deal, but when you spend that much $ on a vehicle it's upsetting. If the cosmetics are this low quality, it makes me wonder if the mechanical will soon act up. I'm just glad it's a lease and I'm pretty sure I won't begetting another Chevy. Anybody else have similiar complaints?
Old January 7th, 2009, 2:27 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Trailblazer complaints

I have an 03. Just turned 138,000.
The radio button has peeled a little. but that may be from nails and oils on your hand. no biggy, I just used a Sharpie to color it in on the corner it peeled off from.
I dont have a chevy logo on the back. the front is still ok. Though the one on our 07 Impala has peeled a little on one corner. Once again, no biggie. Not going to kill me.
As for the broken switch- could that be related to abuse?
I have not seen complaints on that switch breaking on the other Trailblazer forum.

the interior material on my TB has not broken or anything. Im happy with its performance.
Old January 7th, 2009, 2:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Trailblazer complaints

the 08 dont have the audio in jack because the radio and platform are old.
Not too many upgrades were done to the TB.
Other cars in the lineup like the Impala for 06 and 07 have different radios that do have input jacks.
when the TB was designed MP3 players were not that popular.
In fact my trailblazers radio came with CASSETTE/CD